Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Nognix

Nognix is on a distinguished road
LFM

Hey,

Here's another desperate call for help from a noobie MUD-player. Anyway, here's my story: I found out about MUD's a year ago or so. I checked this site and was quite intrigued by the concept, so I made an account on this Aardwolf-MUD because it seemed to be the most popular MUD out there. What I found was a fascinating world, but I found it ever so confusing. I played it for a week or 3 and then I bailed out, I totally forgot about MUD's, until a week ago or so. I remembered this site and came here again, checked the features of some MUD's but I didn't really find what I was looking for. Therefore, I created this thread. I understand that probably no MUD will meet all my requirements or that I might not get any interesting responses at all but I'm willing to try it anyway. I would like a MUD with:

-An interesting background world. "Interesting" is for me, a fantasy world. I don't really care if it's medieval fantasy or fairytale fantasy. I don't mind the basic human/elf/dwarf vs. orc/goblin/troll etc.
-A kind of active and helpful playerbase. This is probably the hardest part but I don't need a 100 players in every room. One of the reasons I didn't like the Aardwolf-MUD is that it was too confusing, because of my ignorance in how a MUD works but also because everyone was talking trough eachother and everything you said or asked kinda got lost in the chatroom.
-Possibility to rp. I'm not new to rping but I am new to rping in a MUD. It would be great to see some examples of a few players. I know this will also be hard because I'm from Europe and the hours usually don't really match.
-Basic, easy-to-understand MUD systems. With systems, I mean the crafting, magic, fighting etc. With systems, I also mean the amount of races and classes. If I recall correctly, you had like 20 of each in the Aardwolf-MUD which is usually a good thing but as a basic player, I kinda lost order.

What I'm looking for is actually a basic MUD which still has a kinda active and helpful playerbase for new players. I would like to rp a bit and I don't really mind PK, although I'd rather have it restricted. A basic but still interesting lore would also be great.

I hope my request is a bit clear and I hope to find a MUD that meets some of my requests.

Thanks in advance,

Nognix
Nognix is offline   Reply With Quote