View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Esithae

Esithae is on a distinguished road
Ah, there have been some changes since you left ^.^ Actually, both of your main contentions have been focuses of changes. You can no longer advance past certain ranks in a temple without RP approval from either higher ranking members, or through a detailed note of what you have accomplished and what you hope to attain with your higher ranks, usually followed by an individually-tailored quest to prove your devotion. It could still be better, though, I will not argue that.

Also, your other main point of concern, the quest system, has also changed. The quest limit has been lowered rather drastically to 100 autoquests max per level through level 40, which makes for a lot less over-powered lowbies. And because you can't overpower so much, 'full questing' has pretty much died out. Existing characters haven't been scaled back, but most of the player base has moved up into the middle ranges instead of staying in the low ones for so long. Truly though, this matters very little unless you are interested in PVP. Characters who do not quest have harder times with PVE, but it encourages more grouping that way, which I have never been opposed to.

Anyway I would definitely encourage you to try a lot of things while you're in transition, Kendro. You might try AU and UL and AR and not like any of them, only to find an unexpected gem somewhere else. The one thing I'm still sticking to is that you shouldn't stop playing MUD ^.^

Esithae
Esithae is offline   Reply With Quote