View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 07:02 PM   #13
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
I was speaking of censorship, however. This is on channels where people can turn on and off a channel at will... *shrug* Just my opinion that if you don't like what you're seeing, when it comes to something like IMC2 or I3, turn off the channel.

As for channel refreshes, for each MUD to use a channel it has to 'subscribe' to the hub/reouter/whatever that controls said channel. With IMC2 said refreshes can take up to 10 minutes (it refreshes one channel at a time, at spaced intervals, with about 8 different channels total). I3 subscribes the MUD to those within less than a minute for ALL channels.

Stripping everything from the MUD source (not the IMC source, which I had in a total different directory) reduced the lines of code by a count of about 680. This means all the additions to the character data structure, among other things. This does NOT include the helpfiles (for opinions see above), or the command calls.

And I agree, the code SHOULD be less invasive (as it CLAIMS it is), however it's not. 680 lines of code is a pretty good bit, at least in my opinion, for something that is only supposed to affect the startup, shutdown, etc. files (this coming from ).
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote