View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
Vash

Vash is on a distinguished road
There's not really a way to express emotion clearly without saying which emotion you're trying to express in my opinion. I've always found something as simple as, "Vash's eyes widen and her breathing quickens, as if in fear, as she watches Bob advance towards her." That's a rather lousy example, but it's off the top of my head. Or, just RP the little things like, "Vash's eyes widen and her breathing becomes ragged as a tremble can be detected in her hands." Or, if you're trying to give away emotion when speaking do, "Vash's voice wavers slightly and there's a noticable stammer when she speaks to the Guard standing in front of her."

Honestly, it can be fun to give physical descriptions of the emotion your character is feeling and not tell others what it is. If someone interprets the wavering voice and trembling hands as something else it only creates more and better RP a lot of times. Or, if I am trying to flirt with someone, but they interpret my actions as fear or arrogance and such, well, it sure makes the scene more interesting.

Your only options are to just out and state the emotion or give the symptoms of the emotion and see if someone figures it out. At least those are the only two options I have found.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote