View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Kinnith

Kinnith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Well, it is quite possible, infact some MU*'s have a limited logging system in place, Logging the last number of commands before a crash, and any command flagged as to be logged.

The Main problem with this, as I can see, would be space, from the buildup of all the actions of each player.

I had a player "logged" which shows each command, including anything past said command; Ie. "kill <name> blah blah blah"

Within three days of this, I had a startup log (where it stores the startup data, errors, bugs, ect) that was about 14 Megabytes. It does include some other data's, but mainly the file was around 12 Megabytes of just that players command input.

Now recording say, the room desc', any other players in room, color codes, and any of the data sent to the player, would build up a very, very large file.

It could very well be done, and while it could be a great idea, unless very limited to how much data is to be stored; as the last hour of game play before a crash, you could run out of space before you know it.

I hope this helps in general, overall, while it gives no real insight to do it, just my thoughts, and exp. with my code and log files.
Kinnith is offline   Reply With Quote