View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 01:17 AM   #2
Quicksilver

Quicksilver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver
Exclamation

The poll choices are a difficult decision Ostoles, as almost all of the above are very important if you like a dynamic building environment.

I enjoy the use of our modified Rom 2.4b OLC, with extended Mob/Obj/Roomprograms.  Of course, the best choice is an environment where the builders may work closely with the coders.  I would go insane if I didn't have the modifications our coder has installed into the OLC.  And the adaption of the  M/O/Rprogs for our own purposes has made our options even better.
If a mud has the capability of fulfilling a builder's imagination, and the builder has the stamina to create it, then the mud is a good environment. And if they are lucky enough to have a good relationship with the rest of the staff, and the coders, then the best of both worlds may result: The coders develop code which expands the builders choices and inspires them to greater things. And the builders discuss their ideas which may inspire the coders to implement new concepts based off the ideas of the builders.
Ease of use and, most importantly, access to accurate information on the rooms, mobs and objs and progs used and their possible variations also greatly enhances the building process.  Once again, a good relationship betwen coder and builder can facilitate this.
More than once, we have discussed an idea for a mob and ended up with a new class or skill system, or had a new concept coded in which inspired innovative areas based around the new code.
And then there are the players who throw out ideas or even make jokes, and discover that their quip about exploding squirrels has added new surprises to the world at large.
In many ways I feel blessed to work with the people who create our world.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote