View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #24
jackal59mo2

jackal59mo2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for RP-focused MUD with as little combat as possible

Honestly, this level of consent doesn't describe most and maybe not even many MUSH/MUXes (though it likely does describe the adult ones). Coded conflict resolution systems (which, on WoD MU*s, can include social conflict as well as combat) are much more common than pure consent systems. I've also heard about but never seen that sort of "pose-length elitism" on a MUSH or a MUX, and the one game I know that imposed some sort of minimum pose length was thoroughly and mercilessly mocked on the forum where they tried (and failed) to justify that ridiculous policy.

That said, it is fair to say that scenes on many of these games tend to be small because play is slow and tend not to greatly affect the grid as a whole unless they are staff-run scenes (which can either rock or be amazing examples of suck). It's also true that if you like medieval-themed games, your MUSH/MUX choices are rather limited; most that I know tend to be WoD, Star Wars, Star Trek, Pern, or comic book games. However, judging all games of a particular code type to be a certain way because you played sexually oriented games that use that code type makes about as much sense as saying that all MOOs are gleefully depraved because the only MOO you've played is HellMOO.
jackal59mo2 is offline   Reply With Quote