View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone into electronic music

I used to go to some of the standard commercial clubs.. I even working in Hacineda for a while. then a buddy of mine learned I was into this kind of music and took me out round manchester..

Down a side street, and there was a door.. paint peeling, couple of the biggest bouncers I have ever seen.. in we walk... rough as hell woman collecting money for tickets.. no thanks from her.. just a grunt.. upstairs and I 'feel' the thumping.. 3 flight of stairs and the thumping is more pronounced... the stairs are littered with resting people.. all nodding quietly in time to the thumping...

Then there are a pair of double door.. my buddy turns with a grin and says "Ready?" and then the doors open and a wave of noise and lights pours out like a tidal wave... the room is packed with movement... forget chatting.. this place has walls solid with bass bins..

All the dancers are there.. young ladies who clearly spend all their time dancing.. wearing nothing but bikini tops lost in the music.. the few men eying them up may as well forget it.. they are here for the music.. same with men... wearing just combat trousers.. heads shaved.. no tops.. everyone is lean muscle from dancing.

..and the music... my GOD... just imagine stuff like this (though this is very tame in comparison).. its all buildup and then explosion... again and again.. but none of it was chart stuff.. all white label..

or

you cant hear people cheering... the music is just too damned loud.

I was on water that night, I rarely drink, and defintly do NOT touch drugs.. but I could not sleep for over 36 hours.. I even ran 5 miles back to the halls of residence where we were staying I had so much energy..

Never been able to find the place again... and lost touch with my buddy

but to answer your exact question.. always been into elexctronic music... Jean Michele Jarre and Oxygen being my first reall dabble.. but the early music of Depeche Mode was also amngst my favourites, and ABC. My early 80's) favourites were probably Quadraphonia (Wave of the Future) and Sash

Last edited by MudMann : 10-18-2009 at 02:41 PM.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote