Thread: Posts undeleted
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #51
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: Posts undeleted

One more attempt to make things clear.

I did not remove posts for aesthetic reasons (although I did put them back because the stubs made the thread look messy).

I did not remove posts because of Brodys initial response.

I did not remove posts which did not continue the argument. If they contained information, said information was covered in the remaining replies.

I had no interest in stifling debate. When I mentioned keeping the reason for moderation to PMs, I should also have mentioned starting a new topic elsewhere. I forgot. One of the forums I used to help moderate had a rule that moderation discussions were kept to PMs between the affected parties and moderators. Looks like I'm human too! Does not my continued participation here indicate my willingness to debate the issue?

I have no idea if my moderation is to the satisfaction of Lasher. Please remember that he inherited the moderation staff from Synozeer, and the fact that I, and any other moderators, are still here does not necessarily mean it is with his blessing. You should not take my actions as an indicator that Lasher agrees with this sort of moderation unless he comes out and says so himself. If he does agree, fine. If not he can tell me so and I will either follow the guidelines he gives me or accept his decision to remove me as a moderator.

And to cratylus, the newcomer was hassled (perhaps not underservedly). The meta-discussion may or may not have been constructive, but it did not belong in that thread. You may be used to/like forums where every thread ends up going off on a complete tangent, but I prefer threads in that particular forum to stick to the question at hand to make it easier for newcomers to read through and find what they might be after. You're certainly welcome to disagree and question my decision, after all no-one is infallible, but saying that it's "noob admin behaviour" because you happen to disagree with my style is perhaps a bit much.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote