Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM

If you want immersion, depth and to lose yourself, Threshold is the answer. It manages to suck you into an amazing world without every losing the fact that it is a game and is designed for fun.

Almost every location in Threhold has every sensory description covered, just walk around and smell, touch, feel, listen and you will see what I mean.

Incredibly helpful playerbase with a dedicated help channel, lots of tasks to keep you busy when you just want a grind, lots of areas to visit, stunning back stories and history.. all player led, libraries, player housing, clothing creation (create the exact look you want your character to potray). Deep religion system, lots of races and classes, guilds, clans, fishing, in-game games, food gathering for self sufficiency.. and.. well you get it.. its a polished gem.

Threshold has a stunning admin team who has developed and matured over the years into an incredibly customer focused team, and there is no favouritism nor power trips that you may have heard of in other muds .

It is a deep, In-character-enforced mud that never loses track of the fact that it is a game that is fun to play.

My only (minor) critisism of the game is dying in the game can still ruin your day (especially when its due to a disconnect), but this is more about my competative attitude than the games failing and should be taken lightly, but I would be remiss not to include it to offset the compliments. Death has lots of amusing consequences which allow you to have some fun with the after effects

Dont worry to much about RP initially, just dont go OUT OF CHARACTER (i,e talking about real life in the game world). You can bounce off the other players and soon develop your character in depth and learn the intricacies of RP and be dragged into all manner of great stories. Think of the character you want to play and just develop the bare basics of a back story and a couple of quirks and let the rest grow organically.

You start off in a heritage class, and dont need to activlty chose a proper class until you have played for a bit so you get chance to see other players and ask them "In Game" the benifits of their class. The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure the race suits you as some of the racial talents are very useful.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote