View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
As a player I don't mind changing my own playing style a bit to accomodate another player's interests. If things are becoming stagnant in our 'circle' I'll try to look for things that other players or characters are interested in and run with them. If one character likes the thrill of underground caves, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for mention of the crab-infested crotch-cave of the world. If another player likes dusty little villages on the fringes of civilization, I'll watch for them as well, and maybe suggest a trip to see a new one. If a char likes whores, cake, or booze, I'll listen for them as well and tune my own character's interests accordingly, at elast as much as I can without comprimising the concept of my character.

This keeps our characters and us, the players, bouncing off of each other nicely. It keeps spice between old 'RP buddies' and mebbe catches the eye of new meat that could add flare to a group that's declining. When I do things like this, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant at the time, 9/10's of the time I see positive results, such as simply fueling character interaction or creating a few minor plotlines to keep us occupied until a time that we can get into a 'major' storyline.

However, I know it can get discouraging when you and your clique RP through a hundred minor plotlines without ever seeing an Immortal give you an echo, a thums-up or a slight prod in a certain direction. We all want to know that our efforts are being noticed, even if only occasionally...
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote