View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 04:58 AM   #3
RavenDM

RavenDM is on a distinguished road
I dunno Thel, I'm not sure that Jazuela would find happiness in our little game. I'm sure our second evil head will chime in here shortly, too. ("I didn't know DartMUD had a second evil head." "You bet they do.")

Jazuela's interesting syntax preferences prompted the following random musings at 4 AM: DartMUD has a fairly comprehensive aliases system. For example, you can do:

alias eb examine bulletin board
alias pack put %1 in pack
alias gw sequence get %1; wear %1

and myriad more complicated things. I always figured this was pretty standard practice. Most MU*s that I've visited have had some sort of aliasing, yet I've seen many folks log on and bail when their "usual" command (e.g. "scan") doesn't work, without any evidence of knowing about the possibility of setting aliases... so perhaps it's not as standard in the mud community as I thought.

Anybody else have any peculiar syntax peeves to share? Commands that you require to work or work in a particular way to maintain your interest in exploring a MU*? Favorite aliases? Perhaps a separate thread so as to avoid hijacking Jaz's quest for the Ideal Mud.

R.
RavenDM is offline   Reply With Quote