View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #188
RaphKoster

RaphKoster is on a distinguished road
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

The Wikia WikiMU* wiki appears to have a huge huge amount of roleplay logs and the like, which isn't really the area that I was picturing this Wiki focusing on. Given that another community seems to have adopted WikiMU*, it seems rude to take away their stuff for this purpose, hence the new WikiMUD.

Speaking just for myself, I DO want an encyclopedia-like resource, with facts and even analysis. There's other sites for mud ads and the like.

As far as moving it... it's there now. I wouldn't overthink it, personally. An advantage to Wikia is that articles from Wikipedia can be trivially copied over, they have a built in command for it.

Scandum, I am not editing Wikipedia, only WikiMUD. Frankly, I don't see any way for me to participate in editing Wikipedia on anything related to muds, virtual worlds, or even games in general, without a conflict of interest given my writings, profession, and presence on industry boards/etc.

So I can only help Wikipedia entries indrectly. I am, however, providing sources to people editing Wikipedia, if I happen to find them.
RaphKoster is offline   Reply With Quote