View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Throttle

Throttle is on a distinguished road
Help me find a mud that suits me

I'm looking for a mud. I tried the obvious route of searching through a bunch of mud descriptions here, but I found that they can be very misleading or vague.

Requirments:
- A decent playerbase. It doesn't have to be like Aardwolf, but if the playerbase is so low that it causes problems in the game, it's not for me.
- A good playerkiller system. Free-for-all is fine with me as long as it's backed up by cool code.
- Something to do for new players. I once found a mud that seemed perfect apart from the fact that everybody was max level with the best possible equipment, leaving the (very rare) new players to basically solo themselves all the way up to a point where they weren't ignored by the rest of the playerbase.
- As little as possible of: staff favoritism, elitist attitude, immature playerbase, griefers.
- Must be completely free to play, with no in-game benefits for "donations".
- NOT roleplay enforced. I play on an RPI when I want that, I'm just looking for a hack'n'slash mud on the side.

Preferences (not required):
- A reasonable selection of class and race choices. By reasonable I mean more than one or two, but less than thirty. Few things deter me more than a screen full of race options where they only differ by name and two stat points.
- Moderate progression difficulty. I don't want to reach max level in 3 days, but I don't want to spend 2 years doing it either. Same goes for equipment.
- Medieval fantasy setting prefered, although I'm open to trying other themes if the game is good.

Thanks in advance!
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote