View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Morch

Morch is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for RP home.

On the other end of the spectrum, how much do you need the fighty-killy side of stuff? I did the D&D-style MUD thing for years, and then recently stumbled on World of Darkness games like The Reach. There's stats and skills and such, but it's more of a tabletop feel, with people sitting down to craft a story, rolling dice when need be, and just having a good time roleplaying. XP is garnered from running scenes for other people, as well as a weekly amount that brings brand new people close to the xp level of the top people within 6 months or so, so the ambitious are being funneled into making more and better rp for everybody else. There is PK occasionally, but it really depends on the kind of character you build on whether you ever see any.

The rules aren't too difficult to learn (especially for someone with a D&D history, where minutia are so important), and there are plenty of flavors of characters to choose from. Right now, I'm playing a character who was kidnapped by Fae and escaped with magic powers, but with his soul in tatters. He's now in charge of a group of people like him (Changelings) with a desire for democracy and in killing their former masters (the Fae), fighting against a society that doesn't much like either of those ideas, and I'm having an amazing time. Look at for more info.

edit: Oh, and we have around two hundred+ people on a night, with no paying for anything.

Last edited by Morch : 07-19-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to cover all the bases.
Morch is offline   Reply With Quote