View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
Imagine9718

Imagine9718 is on a distinguished road
Hey. Im a semi new Mudder and I have made out some maps for the MUD i currently play with pencil and paper. The MUD is in testing right now, so its new and there are no maps for it posted on the net yet. You know how there is always that one person who has a big site of all the maps for every MUD/other game? Ya, i wanna be that person for this paticular MUD. I just dont know how to go about doing so. I downloaded the free trial of Paint Shop Pro 8. At first i just want to create the simple boxes with lines connecting them. Then after i want to put text next the the boxes (after i have the general layout of the first city complete) and then maybe i will add backround colors and stuff showing what kind of a terrain it is. The question is..How can i do this? When i first went about doing this, I got the grid setup and everything, but when i went to make the boxes (which i had set to snap to the grid) they would not be visible unless i turned the grid off. I even then tried to merge the layers and everything to get the rooms and stuff on top of the grid. Nothing worked. Could someone help me out on this? I dont know what to do. And if your really bored, maybe give me a quick lesson on what the layers are and what they do/mean. Also any other tips/how to's would be greatly appreciated if posted as a reply to this topic. Thanks so much Topmudsites!

- Andrew
Imagine9718 is offline   Reply With Quote