View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #4
Eternal

Eternal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Eternal
Actually, Flyer, it is and it isn't....

As far as an in-character perspective goes, the enforced roleplay and often-lethal, always harsh environment do not make life easier for the new player... krath, they don't even make life easy for the 4+ years players (like myself).

However, from an ooc perspective, you do have the support of a solid number of Helpers (players registered for the purpose of giving aid to newbies out of game) and just generally good-intentioned players.  I'd suggest that you check out Armageddon's General Discussion Board before making your fears keep you from what you might find to be a greatly enjoyable experience.

Admittedly, it's not for everyone, some people don't enjoy strict roleplay or harsh environments.  I do.  Drop me a line if I can be of any help, oh and I wanted to give you this link to a board post by another new player who was as intimidated as you seem to be.

Like I said, feel free to talk to me, any of the other helpers, or post any concerns you might have on the GDB.  I look forward to playing with you, and if not, I hope you find your dream game of the thousands out there.

-Eternal, ArmageddonMUD Helper
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote