View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: How long do you build?

I've been building on 4D since it started, I think in 1996, which makes it more years than I'd like to think of.

During that time I've seen many builders come and go here. Most of them produced less than three rooms, about 10% managed to finish one zone, a few finished more than one. The general pattern is that even those that manage to finish one zone quit after that.

There have been many periods during those years when I've been less productive, due to to RL - among other things getting married and having two kids - but I've never left completely. 4D is my baby too.

There are still zones that I'd like to do, and there are still almost finished zones sitting in the Build Port, waiting for someone to take pity on them. At present I am working on one of those. It was supposed to be the entrance zone to our Future Dimension, it's even on our zone list, (as unfinished), but it has been sitting in the Buildport for about 15 years, when the original builder left us to get married to a another 4D player...
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote