View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #69
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

I have to agree with KaVir too.
In my mind, an owner actively urging the players to cheat is far more serious than players doing dumb things on their own, in a misguided attempt to help their game. So the punishment should be in proportion to that. And at the very least be similar for all muds caught breaking the rules; if you ban one, then you have to ban all.

Perhaps you are just overreacting a bit, because you thought that proxy votes were being eliminated by the code.
And this could very well be a player acting on their own without the knowledge of the owner, so at the very least the owners should be informed and given a chance to talk some sense into their players first.

KaVir's suggestion of just removing all proxy votes and then informing the owner, is actually a very good one. Of course, if the nuisance continues even after this, a harsher action should be in order. And hanging them out to dry in the discussion thread is totally OK, in my opinion. Cheating is cheating, whoever does it.

Apart from that, just the thought about some Mud using this to miscredit the opposition, shouldd make you think twice.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote