View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a newbie MUD

Hello Kaerigan,

Many players from larger MMO's graphic games have come to New Worlds Ateraan only to find the immersive play and enjoyable interaction is far superior even in text to those big graphic hogs. We relate this to reading a book vs. watching a movie in that industry.

I will try to give you some reasons why to try NWA based on your requests.

I would say that from the players perspective NWA is a excellent for begginners to MUDs. We have a fulltime staff and guides to assist new players as well as a very insightful creation for brand new players. Just make sure you start in the north and not the south (which is for very experienced players).

Many have learned to roleplay in NWA. We are indeed serious about it, but we have channels to ask questions on and areas to gain help from experienced players, guides, or staff to assist you in learning.

NWA has a wide variety of things to do. Many have nothing to do with combat. Like sailing ships, whaling, fishing, crabbing, digging for clams, farming, having theatrical plays, auction events, trapping animals, etc. This list is long and extensive. Some of these things can be found early in the game, but some take awhile to learn about. We have two guilds specifically designed to not involve combat, so maybe one of these is your forte'. Find out in game.

The starting town in the Kingdom (north) is specifically arranged to be relatively structured so you don't get lost. You get a map of it in creation, guides and players will give you a tour, and many players are around to guide you to locations in the starting town. I won't promise you won't get lost, but this opening city should be relatively simple if you follow your map.

NWA has both resurrected death and permadeath. It is unlikely you will run into permadeath initially if you start North, so don't worry about that.

With the guides and staff and comraderie of the players at NWA, I think you will find a home.

One thing you should know. It takes some time to get a good feel for a system and functionality in a text game, however, many of our new MUD players on NWA have been very thankful NWA was their first pick. Give it a try for a few weeks!

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote