View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: What do you do while you play a MUD?

I usually am writing while playing any MUDs. I love MUDs that allow for downtime so that I don't feel like I always have to be on the go and fully paying attention whenever I log in. Modern graphical games seem to think that your character has to be on crack and doing things constantly. I know that not everyone agrees, but I happen to love a game with built-in downtime.

When I am really settled in to play, though, I want to have easy and quick access to people and plotlines. At that point, I'm paying attention 100%, and I don't do anything else. It's been a while since I've had the luxury to play that way, though.

I used to play Kingdom of Loathing with some of my fellow mudders, so we would play our mud together and then giggle about KoL over IM and such. It was fun to play such a silly (yet very clever) game in contrast to the often serious scenarios on my primary mud. And yes, it does matter what MUD I'm playing. Some require much more concentration than others, some capture my attention more than others, and some I enjoy more than others only when I have friends online.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote