View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
lckychrmsrr

lckychrmsrr is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

It seem like every month someone new asks this question. THen a whole bunch of people reply with all their various tips and wisdom. Here's how you learn to code. You have a few options available to you.

1) You take a class. HS or college.

2) You buy a book and learn on your own.

If you are too cheap to buy a book there are lots of free "tutorials" on the web. Trust me when I tell you that you will be much better off with buying a book. Take your book, go page by page through it working every single problem. Rewrite every examply program they provide and do every practice problem at the end of the chapters. By the end of the book you'll have a solid grasp of what ever language it is you wish to learn. To actually get reaally good at coding you have to play around with it. Spend hours upon hours in front of your computer trying out new stuff. You -WILL NOT- learn how to code in a week.

Of all the languages I prefer JAVA. Even though it may take some extra lines of code to get the simplest of things done, the structure is the easiest to understand. It is also widely used throughout the business world and on the web. Although if you're wanting to learn for muds, you should try either C or C++. C++ compiliers all still run C just so you know. So anything you write in C can be run by any program that wants C++ (as a general rule anyway).
lckychrmsrr is offline   Reply With Quote