View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: Delerak's MUD Vlogs

Delerak,

I'd like to thank you for taking so much time to do this first look video. You gave me quite a bit of insight into some things that can be improved upon in the newbie zone, and for new users in general. One example is that the "kick" skill can be used by any player at any level, regardless of their skill %. This would have sped up your leveling/combat at lower levels quite a bit.

This "service" you offer is something that I think every MUD will benefit from and I hope that you find more MUDs who are interested in something like this. I'll probably end up watching your video a few more times and decide on the best way to implement a few other changes before moving forward, but I've already fixed the "practice" peeve you came across. It will be on the main port in the next 24 hours.. Change shown here :

You also came across a bug in the Disney area with Goofy's Hovercraft being worn on the "hold" location. A little surprised that it's never been reported before given that it's one of our oldest zones!

The only thing I'd like to mention here is that Aarchon isn't exactly a PK MUD. While many (most) of the hero characters enjoy PK we don't have a lot of action going on at lower levels.

Some feedback that I have for you, is that doing a slightly longer summary the end of your video would be extremely helpful for the MUD admins and players contemplating joining the MUD. I think you mentioned enough during the video for me to keep busy, but thought this might help you with your vlog format. I'll see if I can come up with any response/feedback for you after I watch the video a couple more times, and in the mean time I'll link your YouTube Channel on our facebook page and website.

Thanks again,
Astark
: 7000
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote