View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #7
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: Need help with class names

Sorry to double-post. My thesaurus-demon was intrigued.

Use or discard at whim:

Afflatus: (spirit or divine guidance/inspiration; also motivation imparted directly), which would also seem to govern summoners, at first blush.

I can't come up with anything that lumps science with art, other than that both require observation of the and interpretation of the universe. Not to spark any debates on the nature of science and art, or scientists and artists, and once I start up that slippery slope, it's even harder to come up with something that gets the 'chi' of crafting, which of course might be artistic and scientific, or...it might just be knitting a sweater. Just as art might be coming up with a dirty limerick. 'Sensual' in the literal sense almost hits the mark, but....Sensual Scientists, hmmm...Well, it's fantasy, right?

Aesthetic. (actually, I like aistheta better, because someone might have to look it up, and it just sounds ....fantasy-soul-ish). That, or I got nothin'.
[German ästhetisch, from New Latin aesthēticus, from Greek aisthētikos, of sense perception, from aisthēta, perceptible things, from aisthanesthai, to perceive; see au- in Indo-European roots.]
n.
1. A guiding principle in matters of artistic beauty and taste; artistic sensibility:
2. An underlying principle, a set of principles, or a view often manifested by outward appearances or style of behavior

Carnal/Viscera for the blood category.
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote