View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #36
Tristan1992

Home MUD: GateWay
Home MUD: Rocky
Home MUD: MUME
Tristan1992 is on a distinguished road
Re: Your first MUD?

Can't believe I didn't post to this thread yet.

Its must have been late 1991 when my friends told me about these mud things that they warned me were very addictive. I didn't care. School bah! Hate it, why should I care.

So I logged into my dad's Uni shell account (I helped him to use it) and looked at this fabulous MUD list that I'd aquired somehow. FTP I guess. This was pre the stupid Web you know.

No idea why I picked it but it was called Darker Realms. Running at TAMU. That was part of the address which I had to type in every time so it stuck in my memory. I didn't stay long though. Some mean guys took me to an emote room and pretended to give me millions of gold. Even though this was my first time on a mud I realized what they were up to and what reaction they wanted to elicit. I did not reward them. I am not sure how many times I returned but I suspect it was only a few times.

Then I tried a mud closer to home, hoping to be a better netizen I guess. GateWay however is in Nova Scotia which is hardly any closer than Texas. Oh well it was lucky anyways since I still play there.
Tristan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote