View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

Well, the reason I was having fun was that merely quoting that passage would be enough for someone to accuse me of flaming

But anyway, I believe it is in fact helpful to speak out, as many of us have, when someone sets out unrealistic expectations for themselves, and is in for a lot of fruitless frustration. This person seems to have already tried all of the best RPI MUDs that we know of, so at this point it's not a matter of trying to convince them to reduce their expectations. It's a matter of getting them to face the fact that what they're looking for doesn't exist.

People acting just the way you want them to don't exist, period. Virtual worlds exist within the limitations of the same reality in which we know that you can't expect people to act just the way you want them to unless you pay them piles of cash (and not even then).

I like dentin's approach here. Maybe if the OP were to drop the RP dream altogether, he or she would have a better chance of actually finding a game they can play. That said, the OP has been pretty outspoken against non-RP adventures, so maybe the answer to their quandary is of the non-game variety.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote