View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #69
buuwl

buuwl is on a distinguished road
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

The combat systems are really nice in DR, and actually have recently been overhauled and rebalanced.

Currently I'd say PvP in Dragonrealms is as balanced as its ever been. I really think having different areas of engagement, melee, ranged, pole and stealth, give a unique dimension to combat not seen in many other MUDs. If you are going to pick a combat heavy guild such as Barbarian, Cleric, War Mage, or Pallie, you are going to find ways to make your skills work and not find yourself up against a guild with a "win" button.

In regards to crafting;

There are some really unique guilds in dragonrealms such as traders, which allow you to run your own shop and sell gear to other players. Traders are also "Lore Prime". Dragonrealms has various skillsets that each guild gets a bonus in. Traders get their bonus in the skillset that has all the crafting skills, so if you LOVE to craft stuff, you can make stuff and sell it to other players in your shop. Another guild thats really nice for crafting is the empath guild. They are also lore prime and have the added benefit of a unique healing system that is unlike most other systems I've ever seen in any other MUD.

Like to play "evil?"

Dragonrealms has the necromancer guild which, through carefully crafted lore, is perfect for those wanting to destroy the world. Your character will be hated by all since your bent on destroying the very fabric of the world, but also will be granted unique access to powers unlike any other guild in the realms.

The thief guild offers a softer guild option for those who want to be a little bad, but not completely ostrasized. Steal what you can, skulk in the shadows, gain access to unique ambush skills and open treasure boxes.

Want to zip around the expansive lands of Elanthia?

You can play the ultimate utility guild, moon mage, and through various spells and powers open powerful portals and transport you and your friends to far away lands.
buuwl is offline   Reply With Quote