View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 06:41 PM   #12
Sancho

Sancho is on a distinguished road
We should all be truly grateful for all of you who put these fantastic worlds together and make them work, dealing with all the BS and security and strange people and petty gripes.

I just don't see how a person can do this stuff and still play the game!   Any time spent admining has to come out of play time.  I am already short on play time.  Imms have decided that they would rather spend the time admining than playing.  Guess we don't have that in common.

Then there is this unselfishness thing.  I want to do the right thing.  Sometimes that means devoting energy or money to someone else's benefit.  Yep, occasionally I do something unselfish.  But about the time that I get to feeling that someone else owes me for it, well that just kind of sucks the "unselfishness" right out of it, doesn't it?  It'd be healthy to expect about the same level of respect as an imm as you have as a player.

A person would have to be insane to imm on some muds out there.  The game is a gas, but the policies and player base are crazy.  So, before giving-in to that urge to wield power I'd have to take a hard look at the chances of success.  If the chances for success are out of my control, then where's the power?  Bummer to feel responsible for getting something done and not have the chance to do it.

Take no prisoners
Sancho
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote