View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 06:03 PM   #8
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Don't use modern, RL politics in your post if you don't want to be called to the mat when you say something that is patently false.

Saying "hey, its just an ad" doesn't change the fact that you were indeed expressing a political opinion. A political opinion followed by a joke (and/or preceded by one) doesn't mean it is no longer a political opinion.

Personally, I thought the entire post was in bad taste because modern presidential politics does not belong in this forum in any shape or form. I'm so sick of this election right now it was a real downer to see even TMS get polluted by it.

I know I'm not alone in this feeling. At our last annual convention, my players begged me to make a politics channel so the election discussions could go away from the other OOC channels. They're sick of it, I'm sick of it, and I imagine a lot of folks here are sick of it too.

The main reason I'm sick of it is all the outright lying going on from all sides. That's why I had to correct that specific statement you made that isn't even in the same area code as the truth.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote