View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
nasredin

Name: Boris
Home MUD: ArcticMUD (mud.arctic.org 2700)
nasredin is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for PVP MUD

> I would like to know if there are any great MUDS out there that offer PVP as well as have a great community.

Well, I'm not checking topmudsites very often now (my job and other rl issues leave me less and less time for mudding), so my answer is somewhat late, but perhaps you may still be interested in great new places to visit. Or maybe other people that look for pkill and PvP will read this, too.

ArcticMUD is based on Dragonlance theme (DIKU codebase). One of the oldest MUDs, too - on-line since 1992, zillion rooms (the staff says that there are still a few areas that have never been explored) etc. etc.

As to pkill, the only restriction is "Do not pkill others with the sole purpose to ruin their fun", all other types of pkill are allowed. Pkill for eq, pkill for trying to interfere with your zoning, personal vendetta and major clan wars - all that and much more awaits you.

For example, the history of the MUD remembers a clan (the infamous Tarsis SHRINERS) that charged newbies for drinking from the city fountain (or hunted them if they refused to pay).

On the other hand, nobody is defenseless. With some experience and clever tactics, a player can pkill a much higher and stronger adversary, or even a group of them if they get a bit careless.

The pkill logs from Arctic are regularly posted on

ArcticMUD homepage:

The game:
telnet mud.arctic.org 2700

or use your favourite client instead of telnet. FYI, the JMC MUD client was initially developed specifically for ArcticMUD by one of the players.

Take care,
Nasredin

-----
- "Burn in the eternal reboot of Hell, heretic!"

- "Do you believe in MUD after life?"
- "ArcticMUD is my religion. There is life after death!"

Last edited by nasredin : 09-26-2008 at 08:17 AM.
nasredin is offline   Reply With Quote