View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #77
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
If the forums aren't part of the bigger picture, then why are you involved in them as much as you are?  If they don't fit into the picture, shouldn't your time and energy be spent on something that does fit into the bigger picture?  It just doesn't make sense to me.  In the business that I'm starting, I've identified the pieces that are needed to be successful.  And the other parts are not part of the big picture, so I don't waste my energy on it.  Period.  It doesn't make me successful.  So either, being a prick on the boards to drum up business is part of the big picture, or you are wasting your time on the boards, and just trying to vent frustration or anger on the forum members.

So if MUDs are part of the games industry, and even though we are mostly hobbyist, wouldn't it be best to represent yourself, and your company in a professional manner?  It seems logical to me.  I will assume that when you go to E3 that you aren't sprouting about how great medieva is.

My point about these naysayers, is that they woudldn't be naysayers if you acted a) Professional, b) showed some ethical behavior on the boards, and c) didn't lord it over us hobbyist, that you are making money off of our hobby, as if you are better then us, just because you profit from it, and we refuse to.

*EDIT* Paragraph about defending Med, that Samson put in much fewer words then me.

I agree, that blame falls on both sides of the river.  And I'm just as disgusted by the people who attack you.  At some point someone has to take the higher ground.  It just seems nonsensical to me, that the person who can benefit the most from taking the higher ground, refuses to.  Ilkidarios comment is way of base, but all he can lose is respect of other forum readers, you however have more things to lose.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote