View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #73
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
So, if you are so interested in the bigger picture, why come across as a prick on the boards? I myself believe that is why most people get into with you.

If your so interested in being respected by any community as obviously you are trying to do on the bigger picture, you shouldn't trash talk, inflame, and generally **** off the random forum posters. It was years ago when MUD-DEV was still rather active and talk about design was tossed around a lot more '99? '00? That people respected you, and your ideas.

It's easy to have a business model based on deceit, lies, and mis-information then it is to take an ethical high-road. Look at all spammers that abound, the MLM scams, the Enrons. It's harder to standup and and be ethical.

If money and a nice car is all it takes for business people to be able to sleep well at night, then so be it. But for most people, I suspect that it's not enough.

I'm sure, Matt, that if you took some of the thought that you have put into your muds, and you applied it to your actions in the Micro-community, you'll find that you can find just as good of an advertising route, as getting flamed constantly.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote