View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:32 PM   #62
mudnutx

mudnutx is on a distinguished road
While I hate Medievia as much as the next person, I feel some responsibilty to pose the question:

If noone here has seen their medievia 5 [the latest version of their MUD] code, are the arguments against them, especially the ones citing earlier code versions, valid?

I think that Kavir needs to give some sort of answer to that question to have a strong case for accusing them of licence violations.

I am just trying to imagine what soleil et al might say if they attempted to conjure up any remotely intelligent defence of their MUD rather than what are, in essence, "might is right" arguments of saying that if one can get away with anything immoral or illegal that makes it right.

Soleil's defence of the current modified code because it has 500'000 plus lines of c++ code compared to the tiny merc codebase is laughable. That's like saying that I can go to a copyrighted song and use their loop without paying royalties or asking permission. If I took such liberties with one second of any copyrighted song loop lawyers would eat me alive faster than hungry pirahnas in the Amazon.
mudnutx is offline   Reply With Quote