View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #15
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: Admining and Playing

Heh, Brody pretty much said the words I was intending to say.

However, assuming even if its NOT a high RP intensive environment, or assuming the situation is created where there is a OOC source of information affecting IC action coming up. There is a big difference between having access to information/being tempted to cheat and using that information/cheating. As an imp I may know where the quest target for my NPC is. It doesn't mean I go ahead and use that info to complete the quest. On a larger scale, I may be an imp/head of RP/leader of a clan/mortal player. Thats perfect ground for people accusing you of favoring your own clan/alignment/race/whatever. However, such accusations haven't been forthcoming, principally because the situation is potentially slippery and ensure that I am not only impartial, but am seen to be so. An imp is like Ceaser's wife- you have to be above reproach. And you better act that way

There is also a third use of a mortal character beyond Brody's 1-2.
3. Just Play. Avoid controversial RP, avoid overpowering yourself, just have a reasonably good character which can kill well in those times when your stuck and inspiration fails you and you just want a break. And doing so in a non newbie area where you aren't crowded and where people don't fall over you trying to be helpful to you since you are an Imp's alt.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote