View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 02:46 PM   #33
Darrik

Darrik is on a distinguished road
First point, Your 'theoretical examples' that could spawn off this action are all FAR different than the case stated here.  You don't assume people who say they have been drinking are underage, you assume they are overage. For that matter, random comments such as those could be 1) a lie to sound cool ( Yes, this happens ) and 2) stating these things over a communications base can not be gathered as a legal risk to the administrator. This is extremely different than organizing a system to distribute/sell/(make?) drugs, as the administrators ARE possibly at risk legally if these plans succeed ( or don't, I guess, if they are caught ).  

Secondly, as far as the nuke goes, I believe it was pointed out that they were warned before being nuked?  If they were not, then I would understand your point that long-time players should be given a warning... but so should newbies, as they are new to the mud and the administrator.  If they were warned, then I do not believe long-term players should be given any more breaks.

Thanks for your time,

Darrik Vequir
Darrik is offline   Reply With Quote