View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

I thought we were talking about accepting roleplayers regardless of their OOC behavior versus them earning the trust of administrators - and thus whether OOC behavior should count in the equation at all.

I'm sorry, but no matter how confident I am of my abilities as a roleplayer, I would consider it the height of arrogance for me to wander onto a game where, holy ####!, they've never heard of me, and then tell them to trust me and put me in a "starring" role without making sure I fit in first.

I think maybe the problem with the topic is it gets tangled in an apples and oranges dilemma: If Jack Nicholson starred in interactive dramas that required the participation of audience members, then maybe it would fit more. MU*s aren't movies. They aren't static, changeless creations that pass across our screens. They're interactive environments where ALL the actors are in potential starring roles and whose behavior "off the set" can be distracting and detrimental to the production as a whole. So, yes, it is important for administrators to have some measure of trust in the people who fill those roles.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote