View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Re: The problem with muds Aka Hello

I'd recommend you try Atonement. I recommend it with a caveat.
They are in alpha and so the docs are still in progress.
However, if you register on the forums you'll find much of the information you'll need. Additionally, the playerbase is very accommodating.

That said, it's a sci-fi theme, and very accessible. You can quickly find your feet there. Additionally, the emphasis is really not on the mechanics but on the shared story experience. If you're looking to rp you'll like it, or if you are like me and hate not being sure what you're doing, it may be better to say you'll like it once you find your feet. But I think finding your feet here is easier than on the other two muds I'll recommend.

Armageddon, absolutely a work of art. While there are always going to be exceptions, and while Arm can at times be intimidating, I'd say their's is the highest quality rp on the web. (There will be those who will now take offense and call me an elitist. [I will now stipulate that I am an offensive elitist, so we can all move along.])

My last rec is Shadows of Isildur. If you want traditional fantasy, you cannot get more traditional than Tolkien. The have a nice staff, a dedicated playerbase and some very good players. I don't really play SOI, so I'm sure one of their players can better promote it.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote