View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: "Planned" RP or Pure Immersion?

I agree with both David and SnowTroll. Roleplaying at its finest is not easy, but then nothing worth its weight in success is easy.

That being said, this statement rings strongly true.

There is a good place for all types of games and I enjoy both hard core roleplay and casual hack and slash gaming. I enjoy graphics and stereo sound and pure text driven games. Just as I enjoy a good movie and a good book.

Roleplaying in NWA is tough but very rewarding. The beautiful part is the variations in style throughout the game. That is, you can start in a relatively calm, where freedom is more secure, Kingdom or in a very very harsh dictator type slave ownership, servant, and conscript Southland. This gives the ability for two very different types of roleplay. You also have the opportunity to be a soloist adventurer as well, so that avenue is available for those who play from work or school and can't interact as much.

My point though is that many games have various options and there are many games that are very different and offer fun experiences in their own right. For example, 4 Dimensions (a game I like alot) has a different setup with lots of mind teasers and numerous quests. There is God Wars II that is famous for PK and a complex combat system that is amazing. There is Materia Magica with a cool in game map and huge world. There is Threshold with amazing religions and a grand setting.

While yes, WOW and Runescape (two of the biggest graphic games) are attractive and fun and pull many players, what they do not have is serious roleplay, nor do they have the ease of use and availability that TEXT games have. And that is why NWA gets players from those games all the time and sometimes keeps them!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote