View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 04:36 PM   #158
Burke

Burke is on a distinguished road
I just want to say I wanted to avoid this thread entirely, but a friend of mine told me about it. I vowed I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, but eventually curiousity got the better of me, and I read for 10 pages before stopping.

I want to say the lot of you are some of the smartest and most well-educated posters I have ever read. Some of you are also some of the smartest silly asses I have ever read as well.

To pretend that this mud list was at one point 'un-skewed' is the most ludicrous thing I ever heard. This listing just shows a total vote based on how many times a certain site got clicked, nothing more, nothing less. To say your vote is less skewed than others because your mudders 'REALLY' like your mud and other muds get votes cause someone strongarmed them into it is not true. Both voted. End of story. Why aren't you mad with your players that they don't vote more instead of being mad at other muds that do? Talk about childish.

The poster above me was much more eloquent but I agree that this thread is pointless. All you whiney babies go back to your MUDs and play them instead of wasting time on this board. This place(TMS) is about exposure for your MUD, nothing more, nothing less. Are all of you truly so emotionally invested in saying 'My MUD is the best mud!' so much so that you aren't playing it and are wasting your time here?

Look its bad enough most of us MUDders have no life except to mud. But when we give up mudding to spend our time trying to convince the rest of the world that our MUD is the absolute best like some moon-crazed jesuit is just insaaaaannne.