View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Kitriel

Kitriel is on a distinguished road
Looking for builders/designers

Hello all, my name is Kitriel and I have just recently finished the core of my mud(decided to make it from scratch) and want to take it into the alpha phase, or world-design phase. Whatever you want to call it phase.

Basically, i'm looking for a good solid team of 3 to 4 more builders that have a good grasp of the english language and a sound creativity. They should also be good at working in a team environment, as I will be putting emphasis on quality over quantity. A 20 room area with indepth story, quality descriptions and solid quests is invariably more important to me than a 200 room area with 2 line descriptions or room names like "YOU FELL DOWN, OH NOES!!!!"... Names and descriptions like that are unacceptable to me and will not go into the game.

I'm hoping to get a solid 5 man(or woman) team of "head builders" that will, in the beginning stages, work together to form a good solid world that flows and feels like one big area. Once this is setup, hiring additional builders will commence and the game will enter beta phase, or actual testing phasing, whatever you want to call it. The original 5 or so builders will continue to oversee areas new builders create, helping them and making sure everything fits into the world. Basically, their job in beta is to oversee, continue to build areas, and to make sure the world still and continues to feel like one big area.

To give you an idea of the world(to see if it interests you), here are a few notes in point form:
-The world has 5 continents that act as "world maps"(think old school snes world maps, like Final Fantasy, Lufia and more)
-The above continents are governed by a single race each(Human, Drow, High-Elf, Halfling and Minotaur)
-There is a newbie island which acts like a 6th "world map" or "continent". All newbies begin here and will stay until level 6(of a maximum of 30). -- This is priority #1 for the team of builders.
-There is an overseeing "Council" that is made up of the leaders of each race. The Council of Eternity(which is the muds name, CoE for short) is centuries old and is not going anywhere soon. This will be a presence throughout the game, shown through rumours and what not.
-As the world expands, areas will be uncovered that simply cannot be soloed. These areas will begin to come into play at level 10 and continue upwards.

If this interests you at all, please feel free to contact me through the forums via private message or e-mail me(), and i will forward the games ip/port so that you can log on and see for yourself what is in the making. The reason I am not supplying the ip and port openly is because I don't want the game to be seen without content. I want players' first response to be "WOW", and not "Ah, cool." as it would be right now with no world content except a vague general layout of the newbie island.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and I hope it wasn't a complete waste of your time!

-Kitriel

*Edited to fix a typo

Last edited by Kitriel : 07-21-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Kitriel is offline   Reply With Quote