View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Kitriel

Kitriel is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for builders/designers

As far as I know, it's a one of a kind mud. It's not based on any other code base, made from the ground up by me(without ever looking in depth at any other code beforehand). A few 'features' I can list without giving too much away...

-Everything is real time, from regeneration to combat. (weapon attack speeds for example, and there's no 'tick' in game. You regenerate every second)
-Threat and Hate system that makes controlling mobs a bit more difficult than "I hit first so the mob is always on me". Every action you do either creates threat or hate.
-Lua integrated. There are plenty of options for scripts, from entering a room to equipping or even sacrificing an item.
-There are world maps... not sure how to describe this one, but basically a "zoomed out" map that you can walk around on and enter different areas.
-Skills and spells will earn experience and level. As skills/spells level, you can customize them by putting points into 1 of 4 categories that every skill and spell will have(which are unique to each ability)
-You start as 1 of 4 classes(the basic Thief, Warrior, Cleric and Mage), and at lvl 10 you pick a "specialization", which has 3 options based on your class. Then at lvl 20 you pick a 3rd specialization(also 3 options). So in the end there is 52 classes. Also, classes cannot "cross"... meaning a thief can never specialize into anything magic or warrior related. They stick to their base class and expand on it.

An example class path: Thief -> Venomist -> Plaguebringer.

I could go on, but i'll leave some mystery to the game and for when i'm actually advertising for players.

Thanks for your interest,
-Kitriel

Edit: Here's an example skill that will be added for warrior.

Last edited by Kitriel : 07-21-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Kitriel is offline   Reply With Quote