View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 01:46 AM   #55
Burke

Burke is on a distinguished road
I want to say something of my own opinion that no one else is saying. I used to post here but stopped and will probably not post here again for some time. Why? Of course the exact reason that some in this thread have spoken about. The fact is that reasoned discourse is not welcome here by some of the old timers of this community.

Oh there is lip service to it, even long drawn out arguements supporting it, but ultimately its about controlling the direction this community is headed and rehashing years old arguements. Trolls do indeed reign here, and personal attacks are the norm, why pretend it is otherwise? Many have stopped posting just to not be aggravated by pointless attacks upon them.

As far as some people making a forum that excludes others for whatever reason, I say more power to them. All the complaining that either the requirements are too strict, or do a disservice to the new forum all point to one thing.

Somebody must want to belong to these forums and are not going to be allowed in for whatever reason, or they are just being petty because they aren't being considered for membership in light of the "obvious"<sarcasm> benefits that the forums would gain by them being a member. What arrogance.

To you in the new forums, I wish you well and I hope you gain whatever you are looking for from it. For myself, the fact that you have found another niche that does things for you and your people that this community does not gives me a certainty that you will succeed regardless of the naysayers.

Be well and have a happy holiday season
Burke is offline   Reply With Quote