View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Sabrelon

Sabrelon is on a distinguished road
Re: CarrierRPI Launching Soon!

From a post I made over a MUSoapbox ()

Yep! Sorry, mostly been focusing on building and everything, very little time to set up solid promotions beyond the fact that it's an RPI, and that it's coming soon. Unfortunately for now, there's very little explicitly to share beyond some basics like: Crafting! Combat! Mystery! But I'll throw out some info.

The combat is a pretty huge step away from the automated combat that was seen in Arm, Atonement, or SOI. While basic, we think it does a good job of allowing people to actually roleplay while in fights. The flow of combat goes something like: emote, then attack, then respond. It's simple, but effective.

Beyond that, we're planning for a pretty large craft-suite as things go along, especially at start so that players have the ability to act on their own.

Like a lot of MUSHes, we're planning for a good deal of staff interaction. The concept of a Sandbox isn't for everyone, but that's my primary goal. We'll be allowing players to interact with the grid, create their own space (which is less of a perk and more of a requirement for the story), and protect themselves with what they build.

tl;dr We're using the old Dark Isles codebase to create a new Survival Horror RPI with descriptive, emote-oriented combat, crafting, and world-building.
Sabrelon is offline   Reply With Quote