View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #73
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Earlier today, at a Red Cross office:

Matt: Hi.  I understand the Red Cross hates Japanese-Americans.
Employee: I have no idea what you're talking about.  Federal law prohibits such a thing, it's incompatible with our mission, and there are countless examples showing that we treat Japanese-Americans like we treat all Americans.  Could you explain?
Matt: Well, I bribed one of your employees to say something negative about them out loud.  It's right here on this tape.
Employee: Well, that would be against our rules, and that employee would be fired if they did say that while on the job.  It certainly wouldn't reflect on the Red Cross.  May I see the tape?
Matt: Sure.  (*Hands it over.*)
Employee: Sir, this is a cassette of Weird Al Yankovic's "In 3-D" album, with "I heart A.Y." scrawled in crayon on one side, and "Red Cross Evidence" scrawled on the other.  I just played a piece, and it's just polka medleys.
Matt: Well, I don't have an actual proof it happened.  But it theoretically could happen, and I could theoretically bribe an employee to say that on behalf of the organization, and that's what's important.  It's how I came to the conclusion that the Red Cross is a commercial enterprise that hates Japanese-Americans.
Employee: Might I interest you in one of our mental health brochures?
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote