View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
dayrinni

dayrinni is on a distinguished road
Re: Are MUDs still popular?

I read that page, the comments and another one that contained a link. It was enjoyable, and informative. The concept of the long trail is brilliantly obvious. Personally, I feel the MMORPG market has become so saturated with the current gen type of games that it is very difficult to really have a successful product. But...that is for another discussion

I suppose that you have a point. It would be a shame for it to go to waste. To be honest, I'm really divided on this (as you can tell), haha. My main issue is getting people involved. My fear is I spend, say 6 months, open and run into the situation where a lot of people connect but at different times and leave.

So what I would need to do is to try to generate interest while I work on the game and get people involved. It doesn't make sense (as you mentioned earlier, so I agree with you on this) to release something that can't keep people busy. But perhaps I can write up weekly/bi weekly development journals on this site (and other relevant sites). People will read these and see what I'm doing, and hopefully get involved. If things go well, people can start giving feedback/etc and we can go from there.
dayrinni is offline   Reply With Quote