View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
Esithae

Esithae is on a distinguished road
Adventures Unlimited also seems to have some of the features you are looking for. In response to your checklist, I'll describe some of them for you, so that you can decide if you want to check us out.

PVP is purely optional. Players can choose to join the system between levels 15-25, and the system is strictly roleplay enforced, but for you I'd really emphasize that it is not in any way, shape, or form, necessary to join.

AU is of medium size, meaning that we usually have between 10 and 30 players, though the numbers can get small during off hours (early in the morning EST comes to mind). We are in no way, shape, or form, pay to play. Play is totally free.

There is a level cap (100) but you can continue to 'hero level' after the cap to accumulate more HP and mana points, and so forth. However, HP is capped to prevent the insanely powerful 'I've been here for 10 years' characters that you're talking about, and the player base tends to cycle regularly.

I would consider AU a high fantasy setting.

How well you do at combat tends to depend on how much time you have put into your character, and how well you've learned how to use your abilities. This mostly shows in PVP, though.

Immortal quests tend to be run on a regular basis. Such invents have included invasions of the main city, destruction of outlying cities and replacement of them with new settlements built over the old ones, various disturbances based on the Gods and their fights, and so on, and so on. These tend to be heavily based on player cooperation, such as when one of the Goddesses was imprisoned and the player base had to solve various riddles to free her from her prison. The history/mythos that is in place leads to a lot of interesting events, both headed by Immortals and players. The players themselves often make epic storylines, which I find very refreshing.

AU can be played with any MUD client.

AU is extremely newbie friendly. When you log in, you'll probably be greeted by several people, and questions are almost always answered promptly. Also, the Implementor and several Immortals are usually visible and very friendly. I'd suggest you give us a try, or at least check out our website.

tharel.net, port 5000

Ultimately, good luck in your search. I'd hate for you to give up MUDding, there aren't enough good MUDers out there in my opinion.

Esithae
Esithae is offline   Reply With Quote