View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Oh, and to add something else. According to the developers the game is "pacifistic" because you are not "supposed to" kill people and you pray to recover.. I am not freaking kidding here.

See, apparently, (and this hardly surprises me at all), games are bad of the get harder to play the more bad things you do in them, have real consequences for such acts or portray them in a non-buggy and realistic way. Good games are ones based on total BS reasoning, in which there are no real consequences at all for being a complete ass and (its not just one sided against the bad guys), you can't *ever* lose as the good guy, no matter how much of a clueless moron with no game playing skills you may be. As far as I can tell, from the descriptions I have seen, you could turn on the computer, start the game then go do something else for several hours and *still* win, because you are on the side of God.

I think it, sadly, describes the thinking of this particular brand of religious nuts that created it perfectly. If you are on the side of good, nothing you can do is "ever" wrong, you can't "ever" lose and anything you do, including murder, is "absolved" by praying to the one true God. Or did I completely miss the part where it even vaguely tries to teach moral action and ethics? lol
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote