View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: I am a role-playing snob.. shoot me

Role play servers on graphical MMOs are basically "the names are not QUITE as bad here" servers.

On thing that is sad is that Warhammer (see: ) is down to *one* roleplay server, and that is the lowest population server. There is talk it might get merged into one of the other servers, which will mean zero RP servers. That's a game with a very rich lore, and a lot of real game reasons to RP (due to the RvR content).

When I first played Anarchy Online, there was a lot of role playing. There were huge meetings (I played Clan side) on what to do in order to fight OmniTek. The devs ran giant events, invasions, all sorts of cool stuff. Of course, the designers put a lot of pro-RP tools in place. TONS of clothing, usable/carryable items (you actually held food and drink when eating/drinking - pretty minor, but not terribly common in MMOs). You could even walk around with a cheeseburger in your hand and wait for someone to say something about it.

But since then, I haven't seen any RP of note on any graphical game. It is a shame really.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote