View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #73

No not ignoring it, but missing it.  You asked a question about how the recipients felt, and I missed the part about what you are quoting above.  Despite it being a hypothetical there's nothing "pervy" about it.  If I gave them money and took pictures of them in Armageddon T-shirts...well now that would be perverted.  People would talk and I wouldn't want something like that getting around.  But seriously, the fraud isn't in the transaction, as it's obviously mutually beneficial.  The fraud is in me selling you on the idea that charity is about the ROI, in this case sex.  Sex, money, power, no difference to me.

Sorry I'm not all that familiar with TV game shows.  I do know that nobody ever loses on The People's Court, and I suspect it's the same with The Apprentice.  

Yeah I did mention that.  He isn't the only person I've flamed.  Maybe they don't really get that the free mud community is flush with altruists of many different stripes.  That's always been the problem when hobbyists and professionals mix.

PS or Note to Admin:  I changed the time in the quote.  Apparently a colon followed by a zero in the time field is interpreted as an emoticon.