View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Orrin

Name: Matt
Orrin is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a mud with complex economy with crafting

I will mention as a game you might want to try although we don't meet all of your criteria. I'll summarise what I took as your main points:

1. Crafting and economy.
We have a skill based class system where each class is able to learn gathering skills and one of four trade skills; forging, goldsmithing, tailoring or herbalism. Two of the guilds also have professional skills which can produce goods (magical enchanting and potion making respectively). Our economy is entirely player driven and almost all equipment is player crafted with no loot drops from NPCs.

2. Triggers
We allow triggers and scripting, however we don't allow unattended botting. We are a professional game and don't delete accounts on a whim. If you were to do something that was against policy we'd simply ask you not to do it.

3. Roleplaying
We describe ourselves as roleplaying enforced, however this means simply that all public communication should be in character. You are not required to create a detailed background or type in a dodgy accent, all we ask is that you act as your character would in our world and if you want to chat about Russian tennis players you do so in private.

4. Playerkilling
We have (almost) unrestricted PK. Before you run for the hills screaming, there is very little penalty for defeat and you only lose XP if killed in enemy territory or if you are defeated twice in quick succession. You can also choose to be safe from attacks for an hour after a defeat.

We're still in beta and have only been open 3 months so we don't have the years of development of many other games, but if you'd like to try something new you can find us at:

Host: maidendesmodus.com
Port: 4000
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote